[BioC] AgiMicroRNA and Extra columns in Agilent Mouse miRNA Microarray Release 12.0 G4471A-021828.

Richard Friedman friedman at cancercenter.columbia.edu
Wed Jun 16 23:02:00 CEST 2010

Neel,

	I haven't tried filtering after removing the columns.
I seem to remember that filtering worked on the test set,
read in with the data funtion but not on my own data before
I removed the columns. I  have to give AgiMicroRNA a rest
until tomorrow afternoon (EDT) to catch up on other things.
A suggestion.

1. Download GSE19232 from GEO.
2. See if what you do works on that dataset,
	A. If it doesn't you are doing something incorrectly.
	B. If it does, try the same thing on your dataset.
		a. If it works on your setm fine.
		b. If it doesn't work on your set compare the column headings
			of GSE19232 to yorus and modify yours to conform to GSE19232.

I hope that this helps,
Rich
Richard A. Friedman, PhD
Associate Research Scientist,
Biomedical Informatics Shared Resource
Herbert Irving Comprehensive Cancer Center (HICCC)
Lecturer,
Department of Biomedical Informatics (DBMI)
Educational Coordinator,
Center for Computational Biology and Bioinformatics (C2B2)/
National Center for Multiscale Analysis of Genomic Networks (MAGNet)
Room 824
Irving Cancer Research Center
Columbia University
1130 St. Nicholas Ave