[BioC] What has bioinformatics ever done for us?

Anthony Goldbloom | Kaggle anthony.goldbloom at kaggle.com
Fri Jun 18 01:31:17 CEST 2010

I'm passing this around the bioinformatics community as I think it's an interesting initiative.

A British bioinformatician wants to open discussion about the greatest biological discovery made possible by bioinformatics. He has just launched a "brainstorming competition" with a small cash prize to stoke discussion. Kaggle is hosting the "brainstorming competition" at:
http://kaggle.com/blog/2010/06/17/%EF%BB%BFwhat-has-bioinformatics-ever-done-for-us

Hopefully members of this mailing list can contribute suggestions.

Anthony

ps Apologies for cross posting.