[BioC] flowcore

Perry_D_Haaland at bd.com Perry_D_Haaland at bd.com
Fri Jun 25 15:32:21 CEST 2010

   Hi David,
   IMHO,  changing  the  meta data in the FC file is outside the intended
   functionality of flowcore. I would even argue that it is a bad idea. On the
   other hand, modifying the annotated dataframe associated with a flowSet
   would be the intended use of flowCore. Here is some sample code for that
   purpose:
   adf = pData(aFlowSet)
   adf$patient_id <- 100
   pData(aFlowSet) <- adf
   or
   pData(aFlowSet)$patient_id <- 100
   ## from the manual
   pData,  pData<- Extract or replace the data frame (or columns thereof)
   containing actual pheno- typic information from the phenoData slot. Usage:
   pData(flowSet)
   pData(flowSet)$someColumn <- value
   ##
   Hope that helps,
   Perry
   >Message: 10
   >Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 14:25:38 -0700 (PDT)
   >From: David Lyon <david_lyon3 at yahoo.com>
   >To: bioconductor at stat.math.ethz.ch
   >Subject: [BioC] flowcore
   >Hello
   >can someone show me how to add metadata to a FC file eg:
   >If I wanted to add $patient_id = 100 to an existing FC file whats the exact
   code to do this?
   >also if I wanted to modify an existing value whats the exact code ?
   >Thanks alot
   Perry Haaland, Ph.D.
   BD Fellow, Bioinformatics
   BD Technologies
   (919)-349-2172
   perry_haaland at bd.com
   IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR RECIPIENTS IN THE U.S.A.: This message may constitute
   an advertisement of a BD group's products or services or a solicitation of
   interest in them. If this is such a message and you would like to opt out of
   receiving future advertisements or solicitations from this BD group, please
   forward this e-mail to optoutbygroup at bd.com.
   message (which includes any attachments) is intended only for the designated
   recipient(s). It may contain confidential or proprietary information and may
   be  subject  to the attorney-client privilege or other confidentiality
   protections. If you are not a designated recipient, you may not review, use,
   copy or distribute this message. If you received this in error, please
   notify  the sender by reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you.