[BioC] Querying/manipulating JASPAR data

Fri Jun 25 19:47:30 CEST 2010

Howdy,

I was curious if there are any packages or other means (some web
api(?)) to retrieve and parse JASPAR PWM's.

I have a need to get some PWMs for transcription factors and am
slicing/dicing the files I've downloaded from JASPAR.

Since I'm in the middle of dealing with that, I was wondering if it
was worth being a bit more careful with my code and perhaps whipping
up a jaspaR package of sorts that makes this data available via some
bioc-friendly code.

Cheers,
-steve

--