[BioC] Which package for gene expression correlation analysis

Wolfgang Huber whuber at embl.de
Tue Jun 29 17:40:41 CEST 2010

Dear Yuan

you probably want to cluster the genes, e.g. using hierarchical
clustering and heatmap display or k-means clustering. The "heatmap.2"
function in the gplots package might be a good place to start, as is the
book http://www.bioconductor.org/pub/biocases or a Google search on the
terms "heatmap" and "microarray".

It is important to think about what choice of distance metric between
genes you want, and/or to try different ones.

        Best wishes
           Wolfgang