[BioC] string to function argument

Jeremiah H. Savage jeremiahsavage at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 04:17:39 CEST 2010

Hi Sean,

I just saw your message after sending the last one a minute ago.

My question was that I wanted to use a character object 'gplaccess'
that contained the string "gpldata$GPL96"

I wanted to use this string to access a data.frame in a GEOData
object, but the Table() function expects a GEOData-Class, not a
string.

So Table(gpldata$GPL96) will access the data.frame but
Table(gplaccess) would not access that data.frame, as I get the following error:

> Table(gplaccess)
Error in function (classes, fdef, mtable)  :
  unable to find an inherited method for function "Table", for
signature "character"

So, is there a function I can apply to 'gplaccess' to have it be an
accepted argument to Table()?  I tried     Table(cat(gplaccess))
Table(as.name(gplaccess))        and others without success.

Thanks again,
Jeremiah