[BioC] affyPara: background correction & normalization only?

Markus Schmidberger schmidb at ibe.med.uni-muenchen.de
Fri Mar 5 13:02:46 CET 2010

Dear Leo,

good point.

I did some changes to preproPara(). No there is a summarization method
'none' (summary.method='none') available. There will be no summarization
step and the results object eset is NULL.
I submitted these changes and documentation to the svn. Version 1.7.1.
should be available ad midnight:
http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/devel/bioc/html/affyPara.html

Now at all nodes the bgc and normalized affyBatches are available in the
GlobalEnvironment. It is very simple to run some code on that.

res <- clusterCall(cluster, FUN)
FUN<- function()
{
    require(affy)
    if (exists("AffyBatch", envir = .GlobalEnv))
           AffyBatch <- get("AffyBatch", envir = .GlobalEnv)

    # do anything you want on the AffyBatch.

}

res will be a list of results from all nodes. You have to find a way to
combine these results.

Best
Markus

--
Dr. rer. nat. Markus Schmidberger

Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München
IBE - Institut für medizinische Informationsverarbeitung,
Biometrie und Epidemiologie
Lehrstuhl für Biometrie und Bioinformatik
Marchioninistr. 15, D-81377 Muenchen
Mail: Markus.Schmidberger [at] ibe.med.uni-muenchen.de