[BioC] hclust for 13000 genes

Thu Mar 18 04:28:58 CET 2010

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 9:04 PM, avehna <avhena at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> I'm using a very powerful computer (a Mac Pro) with a huge amount of memory

That's nice ... but how much memory is that, exactly?

> and it's also very fast, that's why I wondered why this error came out. I
> think the problem is that I'm using R in 32 bit mode. How could I change it?

It depends on how you launch R ... are you using R.app? or are you
using R from the command line?

Assuming you are using R.app, you'll need to launch the 64bit version.
You should have an R64.app, which might have come in the default
download ... what version of R are you using?

You can actually get all the version of R and R.app necessary from here, too:

http://r.research.att.com/

Read that page, and download what you need. Specifically search for
the term "64-bit" on that page.

-steve

--
Steve Lianoglou