[BioC] Get gene structure information: use biomaRt or other annotation packages?

michael watson (IAH-C) michael.watson at bbsrc.ac.uk
Sat Mar 20 21:37:51 CET 2010

Something like this?

library(biomaRt)

mart.obj <- useMart(biomart = 'ensembl', dataset = 'hsapiens_gene_ensembl')

atb <- c('ensembl_gene_id', 'ensembl_transcript_id','5_utr_start',
		'5_utr_end','3_utr_start','3_utr_end','ensembl_exon_id','exon_chrom_start',
		'exon_chrom_end','rank','phase')

locs <- getBM(attributes=atb, mart=mart.obj)

I haven't tested it yet....