[BioC] Ecoli antisense library

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Mon Mar 22 19:27:34 CET 2010

Bala,

Again. Please don't take things off list. In other words, you shouldn't
be responding to me alone. Instead, respond to all so our conversation
goes back to the list. The whole purpose of this list is to be a
repository of information that people can use to answer questions
themselves. If you keep taking things off list, then this cannot be of
any help to people in the future.

Balasubramanian Ganesan wrote:
> Hi Jim
> It is GSE 7398.
> Here's the link to it below.
> BALA
>
> http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/gds/?term=GSE7398

The problem with these chips is that they are a mixture of EcoliASv2 and
Ecoliantisense chips, so you will have to process them separately.

First, let's look at what the chips are:

 > lst2 <- lapply(lst, affyio:::read.celfile.header)
 > names(lst2) <- list.celfiles()
 > sapply(lst2, function(x) x[1])
$GSM177549.CEL.cdfName
[1] "Ecoli_antisense"

$GSM177550.CEL.cdfName
[1] "Ecoli_antisense"

$GSM177551.CEL.cdfName
[1] "Ecoli_antisense"

$GSM177552.CEL.cdfName
[1] "Ecoli_antisense"

$GSM177553.CEL.cdfName
[1] "Ecoli_antisense"

$GSM177554.CEL.cdfName
[1] "Ecoli_antisense"

$GSM177555.CEL.cdfName
[1] "Ecoli_antisense"

$GSM177556.CEL.cdfName
[1] "Ecoli_antisense"

$GSM177557.CEL.cdfName
[1] "Ecoli_ASv2"

$GSM177558.CEL.cdfName
[1] "Ecoli_ASv2"

$GSM177559.CEL.cdfName
[1] "Ecoli_ASv2"

$GSM177560.CEL.cdfName
[1] "Ecoli_ASv2"

$GSM177561.CEL.cdfName
[1] "Ecoli_antisense"

$GSM177562.CEL.cdfName
[1] "Ecoli_antisense"

$GSM177563.CEL.cdfName
[1] "Ecoli_antisense"

$GSM177564.CEL.cdfName
[1] "Ecoli_antisense"

$GSM177565.CEL.cdfName
[1] "Ecoli_antisense"

$GSM177566.CEL.cdfName
[1] "Ecoli_antisense"

$GSM177567.CEL.cdfName
[1] "Ecoli_antisense"

$GSM177568.CEL.cdfName
[1] "Ecoli_antisense"

$GSM177569.CEL.cdfName
[1] "Ecoli_ASv2"

$GSM177570.CEL.cdfName
[1] "Ecoli_ASv2"

$GSM177571.CEL.cdfName
[1] "Ecoli_ASv2"

$GSM177572.CEL.cdfName
[1] "Ecoli_ASv2"

Now make an index to separate the two chip types

 > ind1 <- which(sapply(lst2, function(x) x[1]) == "Ecoli_ASv2")
 > ind1
GSM177557.CEL.cdfName GSM177558.CEL.cdfName GSM177559.CEL.cdfName
                     9                    10                    11
GSM177560.CEL.cdfName GSM177569.CEL.cdfName GSM177570.CEL.cdfName
                    12                    21                    22
GSM177571.CEL.cdfName GSM177572.CEL.cdfName
                    23                    24

And process each type separately:

 > eset1 <- justRMA(filenames=list.celfiles()[ind1],
cdfname="ecoliantisensecdf")
 > eset2 <- justRMA(filenames=list.celfiles()[-ind1])

Best,

Jim