[BioC] Version package in release

Pierre-Yves pingou at pingoured.fr
Mon Mar 22 22:26:24 CET 2010

On Mon, 2010-03-22 at 17:10 -0400, Sean Davis wrote:
> What are you trying to accomplish in the end?
It is for the tool R2spec for which I am implementing the feature to
build the spec file from the name of the package, for this I need to
find in which repository the package belong and download the sources
accordingly.
I was therefore thinking if there was an easy way for me to check if a
package is in the release branch of the bioconductor repo and which
version it has.

Since the tool is python based I would have liked to keep it as
"pythonish" as possible.

Thanks for the ideas anyway,

Pierre