[BioC] arrayQualityMetrics: Binning grid too coarse for current (small) bandwidth

Wolfgang Huber whuber at embl.de
Tue Mar 23 09:32:55 CET 2010

> Dear Koen,
>
> Thank you for your feedback, I will have a look at the warnings you are
> mentioning. I have seen this before on users machine during tutorials but I
> was not able to reproduce these warnings so far, which makes it difficult to
> correct it (I actually thought I corrected it).
> About the size of the pdf files, what you can do is to use each of the
> aqm.xxx functions to generate the figures one by one, and then save them
> with your specifications to make them smaller/lighter.

I suppose the file size problem eventually traces down to the current
implementation of the 'smoothScatter' function in the 'graphics'
package, which uses 'image'. It should be possible to replace this with
'grid.raster' - I'll see whether I find time to do this; or it would be
great if someone were keen to provide a patch!

Best wishes
      Wolfgang

--
Wolfgang Huber