[BioC] QC Affy 6.0 SNP arrays with crlmm or Oligo?

jeremy wilson jeremy.wilson88 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 21:00:51 CET 2010

Dear Benilton and Henrik,
thanks for your suggestions. I read those papers you suggested and am
planning to use CRLMM for the genotyping and the aroma.affy package
for copy number analysis. Henrik, my data is not a paired sample data.
I would need to get a robust average of the 8 samples for the
normalization for CNV.

I wanted to ask why is there no QC done similar to that of expression
arrays? I read that the bg correction is not required for SNP chips as
the S/N ratio of intensities is high but I do not see any way to check
if the chips are damaged (finger prints, water droplets and etc) due
to mishandling by the technicians. Is this check done looking at the
genotype calls and their confidence in the downstream analysis? How
can I visually see the artifacts?

Can I see the effects of normalization with HapMap reference? (Before
normalization and after normalization plots).

Excuse me for all the questions. I am new to SNP and CNV analysis and
am trying to see parallel steps I do in gene expression arrays in SNP
chips if that parallelism makes sense at all. Pardon me if it does
not..

Any plans to do integrate the genotyping and copy number analysis as
done in the BIrdSuite? The paper
(http://www.nature.com/ng/journal/v40/n10/abs/ng.237.html) talks about
the necessity of this integration. It would be great to see a BioC
package doing this as well if you think its needed..

Thanks a lot for your help..