[BioC] where is the "getHomolog" function in biomaRt?

Marc Carlson mcarlson at fhcrc.org
Wed Mar 24 18:22:51 CET 2010

You could also use the inparanoid packages which provide mappings based
on data generated by the inparanoid algorithm.

# Lets suppose you started with the platform hgu95av2.db
# And had the following ids:
library(hgu95av2.db)
ids = c("1000_at","1001_at","1002_f_at","1003_s_at","1004_at" ,"1005_at")

# You would 1st want to get the entrez gene IDs (you need some sort of
universal gene ID for the next step)
EGIDs = mget(ids, hgu95av2ENTREZID, ifnotfound=NA)

# Then you could use the  idConverter function to convert from human to
mouse like this
result = idConverter(EGIDs, srcSpecies="HOMSA",
destSpecies="MUSMU",srcIDType="EG", destIDType="EG")

Does that help?

  Marc