[BioC] arrayQualityMetrics: Binning grid too coarse for current (small) bandwidth

Deepayan Sarkar deepayan.sarkar at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 12:31:16 CET 2010

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 1:26 AM, Florian Hahne <florian at eldopa.net> wrote:
> Hi Wolfgang,
> I am not sure that we want to move smoothScatter from base graphics to grid
> graphics. This makes adding to the graph much harder. There is a grid
> version in the lattice package using panel.levelplot, so maybe Deepayan can
> be convinced to use grid.raster directly in there.

The lattice svn  already had an implementation
(panel.levelplot.raster), not yet released because grid.raster() is
r-devel only (and CRAN doesn't have a devel section, unlike bioc). I
have now also added a 'raster=FALSE/TRUE' option to
panel.smoothScatter().

Now that R 2.11 is around the corner, I will soon release a lattice
update with the raster version.

-Deepayan