[BioC] Error: could not find function "mixedModel2Fit"

Sean Davis seandavi at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 12:34:58 CET 2010

On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 7:14 AM, neeraj rana <kushrn at gmail.com> wrote:
> hi i am getting follwing error in my analysis.
>
>> corfit <- duplicateCorrelation(MA.bn, ndups = 1, block = biolrep)
> Error: could not find function "mixedModel2Fit"
> In addition: Warning message:
> In library(package, lib.loc = lib.loc, character.only = TRUE, logical.return
> = TRUE,  :
>  there is no package called 'statmod'
>>
> i could'nt find any package named statmod..

Hi, Neeraj.

You managed to install the limma package without one of it's
dependencies, it appears.  Perhaps you installed limma using some
method other than:

source('http://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R')
biocLite('limma')

Try installing limma using the above method.  The statmod package and
any other dependencies for limma will be installed as well as limma
and your problem will likely be solved.

Hope that helps.

Sean

P.S.  In the future, be sure to include the output of sessionInfo() in posts.