[BioC] spillover method in flowCore package

Frederico Arnoldi fredgca at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 27 22:25:02 CET 2010

Dear Nishant,

Thanks for helping me! And sorry for sending the email in HTML for the list.

> Your flowSet  appears to have 1 unstained sample and 5 single stained controls for  APC, PercPCy5.5, FITC, PeCy7 and PE . The column names of fs have>
> FITC-A, PE-A, PerCP-A, PE, Cy7-A and APC-A ( 6 channels).
>
>Can you try to call spillover after removing  the columns corresponding to Time and the missing channel for which you do not have single stained samples
> for from the flowSet ?

In fact, I just have 5 stained channels. I my previous email "PE Cy7-A"  looked like two dyes instead of one.

> colnames(fs)
[1] "FSC-H"    "SSC-A"    "FITC-A"   "PE-A"     "PerCP-A"  "PE Cy7-A" "APC-A"
[8] "Time"

When I use the following command, the Time column is eliminated, as we can see in the output.

> fs[,1:7]
A flowSet with 6 experiments.

  column names:
  FSC-H SSC-A FITC-A PE-A PerCP-A PE Cy7-A APC-A

However, when I use it in the spillover method, I still having the same error.

> comp.mat <- spillover(fs[,1:7], unstained=1, fsc = "FSC-H", ssc= "SSC-A")
Error in .local(x, ...) : subscript out of bounds

Thanks again,
Fred