[BioC] R: error in gene2pathway results

Manca Marco (PATH) m.manca at path.unimaas.nl
Mon Mar 29 18:50:15 CEST 2010

Dear Alberto the answer is below your email.

There is no mistake in the result you are getting. In fact, you are indicating Homo Sapiens (hsa) as the reference organism but you are using a mouse GeneID to indicate the RET gene, and of course this is resulting in no information found.

If you try using 5979 (which is the human RET), this is what you get:

> pred.comp = gene2pathway.signaltrans("5979", organism = "hsa")
Using KEGG information from SOAP service ...
Mapping to signal transduction pathway components via KEGG database ...
---> Information found for  0 genes
done.
1  genes to predict
Retrieving information from InterPro database for organism ' hsa ' via Ensembl ...
Checking attributes ... ok
Checking filters ... ok
done: Information found for  1 out of  1  genes
Model prediction possible for  1  genes ...........done
Preparing output
finished

...and as you can see there are valid results this way.

I hope this will be of some help. All the best,

Marco

--
Marco Manca, MD
University of Maastricht

Mailing address: PO Box 616, 6200 MD Maastricht (The Netherlands)
Visiting address: Experimental Vascular Pathology group, Dept of Pathology - Room5.08,  Maastricht University Medical Center, P. Debeijelaan 25, 6229  HX Maastricht

E-mail: m.manca at path.unimaas.nl
Office telephone: +31(0)433874633
Personal mobile: +31(0)626441205
Twitter: @markomanka