[BioC] checking multi-modalities in histograms

Javier Pérez Florido jpflorido at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 16:41:04 CEST 2010

Dear Wolfgang,
Thanks for your reply.
The data I am going to test for bi-modalities are raw data, without
preprocessing. For this purpose I think it is ideal to use bimodalIndex
function from ClassDiscovery package. It tests for bimodalities using
the information-based BIC criterion.
I know that there are more quality metrics such as boxplots, MA plots,
NUSE, etc...The use of histograms is complementary to all of them and
all I need is something that says that, maybe, a CEL file isn't good due
to such bi-modalities, taking into account the rest of quality metrics.

Thanks again,
Javier