[BioC] FW: Mas5 works with mm set on NA?

Groot, Philip de philip.degroot at wur.nl
Mon May 3 20:56:53 CEST 2010

Hello all,

I am using the affy library with Gene ST arrays. In previous Bioconductor releases, mas5 failed because the algorithm cannot handle mm-values that are set on NA. However, in the current release mas5 normalization is performed succesfully. So I wonder: how are the mm-values estimated? I cannot find information on this in the NEWS file nor somewhere else. And is there some information available on the reliability of the calculated MAS5-values and corresponding P/M/A calls?

Regards,

Dr. Philip de Groot Ph.D.
Bioinformatics Researcher

Wageningen University / TIFN
Nutrigenomics Consortium
Nutrition, Metabolism & Genomics Group
Division of Human Nutrition
PO Box 8129, 6700 EV Wageningen
Visiting Address: Erfelijkheidsleer: De Valk, Building 304
Dreijenweg 2, 6703 HA  Wageningen
Room: 0052a
T: +31-317-485786
F: +31-317-483342