[BioC] Query regarding for Entrez IDpackage

Marc Carlson mcarlson at fhcrc.org
Thu May 6 18:49:59 CEST 2010

Hi Varpal,

These are exposed in the org.At.tair.db package but not in the chip
packages.  The chip packages (such as ag.db), will all load the
org.At.tair.db package though to get the data that they normally
expose.  So simply loading the appropriate chip package will make all
these things available to you.

Here is one  way that you could use to connect them that assumes you are
using the "ag" chip.

library(ag.db)
ids = c("11986_at","11987_at","11988_at","11989_at")

#get the probeset IDs that map to the relevant TAIR accessions.
accs = toTable(agACCNUM[ids] )
accs

#get the entrez gene IDs that map to the relevant TAIR accessions
egs = toTable(org.At.tairENTREZID[accs[,"gene_id"]] )
egs

#merge them together.
merge(accs, egs)

Let us know if you have more questions,