[BioC] Bioconductor Digest, Vol 87, Issue 10

Saroj K Mohapatra saroj at vt.edu
Tue May 11 07:04:34 CEST 2010

Hi Avinash:

I have never used hopach. But as the vignette suggests, you could get
the information from the documentation for golub data.

 > require(hopach)
 > ?golub

gives me the details of golub data:

-----------------------
golub package:hopach R Documentation

Gene expression dataset from Golub et al. (1999)

Gene expression data (3051 genes and 38 tumor mRNA samples) from
the leukemia microarray study of Golub et al. (1999).
Pre-processing was done as described in Dudoit et al. (2002). The
R code for pre-processing is available in the file golub.R in the
docs directory.

Usage:

data(golub)

Value:

golub: matrix of gene expression levels for the 38 tumor mRNA
samples, rows correspond to genes (3051 genes) and columns to
mRNA samples.

golub.cl: numeric vector indicating the tumor class, 27 acute
lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) cases (code 0) and 11 acute
myeloid leukemia (AML) cases (code 1).

golub.gnames: a matrix containing the names of the 3051 genes for the
expression matrix ‘golub’. The three columns correspond to
the gene ‘index’, ‘ID’, and ‘Name’, respectively.

To make your data similar to this, the following 3 objects need to be
created:
yourdata: a numerical matrix, rows for genes, columns for samples
yourclassvec: a vector with same length as number of columns, made up of
0s and 1s
yourgeneann: a matrix with number of rows same as yourdata, 3 columns

I hope then it should be straight forward to implement hopach.

Hope that helps. Best wishes,

Saroj