[BioC] Agilent arrays missing spots

Bjoern Usadel Usadel at mpimp-golm.mpg.de
Tue May 11 15:20:41 CEST 2010

Dear List,

Lately, we are getting some agilent array scans that simply seem to lack some rows meaning that several spots are not available.

Whilst this behaviour is consistent (the same rows i.e. spots are missing across all arrays) it messes up the layout and thus makes an imageplot difficult. So far I have "fixed" this issue by reintroducing dummy lines containing NA data thus restoring the layout.
Has anyone else seen this behaviour and maybe found a more insightful solution to this problem or is this maybe even a feature of agilent chips?

Best Wishes,
Bjoern
Bjoern Usadel
Max Planck Institute of Molecular Plant Physiology
Integrative Carbon Biology
Am Muehlenberg 1
14476 Potsdam Golm
Fon +493315678153