[BioC] Query regarding entrez id

Marc Carlson mcarlson at fhcrc.org
Tue May 11 18:36:29 CEST 2010

Hi Varpal,

What kind of probes are they (what platform)?  Have you read the posting
guide?  A lot of people find it very helpful.

http://www.bioconductor.org/docs/postingGuide.html

If you are trying to match probes to entrez gene Ids you might want to
start by reading the vignettes in AnnotationDbi found here:

http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/release/bioc/html/AnnotationDbi.html

For Arabidopsis, entrez gene Ids can be found in the org.At.tair.db
package.  And, you can map to them by using the TAIR identifiers
presented by the probe package of your choice (from the ACCNUM mapping
in the probe package).  Please let us know if you need further
clarifications.

so for example if you had probe ids from the affy "ag" platform:

library(ag.db)
ids = c("11987_at","11988_at","11989_at")
probeTAIR = toTable(agACCNUM[ids])
merge(probeTAIR, toTable(org.At.tairENTREZID))

  Marc