[BioC] Bioconductor Digest, Vol 87, Issue 10

Saroj K Mohapatra saroj at vt.edu
Tue May 11 20:07:08 CEST 2010

Hi Avinash:

You could create a vector using c(), e.g., if the first 3 are control
and last 3 are cancer, then,
 > myclassvec <- c(0,0,0,1,1,1)

For creating the gene name matrix, I hope you have the probe annotation
file in which each probe (or probe set, for affy) is listed along with
gene name, etc. From that select index, genename, id and save these
three columns to another tab-delimited file (named say, myfile.tab).
Keep no header. Read this file using read.table, e.g.,
 > mygnames <- read.table(file="myfile.tab", header=F, sep="\t")
Have a look at ?read.table for more help.

Good luck!

Saroj