[BioC] Bioconductor Digest, Vol 87, Issue 10

Richard Pearson richard.pearson at well.ox.ac.uk
Wed May 19 12:20:18 CEST 2010

Avinash

Please keep replies on list (reply to all).

You've still not given a reproducible example - I don't know what your object eset_rma
contains. Also, you've not provided the output of sessionInfo(). However, if eset_rma is
the output of pumaComb, it will contain a single combined expression value for each
condition, and therefore I would expect calculateLimma to return an error. If you look in
the puma User Guide, you should see the following two lines:

 > pumaDERes <- pumaDE(eset_estrogen_comb)
 > limmaRes <- calculateLimma(eset_estrogen_rma)

pumaDE is being applied to a combined ExpressionSet (eset_estrogen_comb is the output from
pumaComb), whereas calculateLimma is being applied to the non-combined ExpressionSet
(eset_estrogen_rma is NOT the output from pumaComb). In short, don't run calculateLimma on
the output of pumaComb.

Best wishes

Richard

Dr Richard D Pearson                       richard.pearson at well.ox.ac.uk
Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics   http://www.well.ox.ac.uk/~rpearson
University of Oxford                       Tel: +44 (0)1865 617890
Roosevelt Drive                            Mob: +44 (0)7971 221181
Oxford OX3 7BN, UK                         Fax: +44 (0)1865 287664