[BioC] Error: formal argument "envir" matched by multiple actual arguments

Shuying stat.course at yahoo.com
Mon May 24 03:30:22 CEST 2010

Hi all,

I wrote a function using "getSeq" to get DNA sequences from the human reference genome. But I kept having the following sporadic and non-reproducible errors:

--------------------------------------
Error in assign(".Method", method, envir = envir) :
  formal argument "envir" matched by multiple actual arguments

I searched on line and found Hervé Pagès and Henrik Bengtsson posted some input last year.

http://tolstoy.newcastle.edu.au/R/e6/devel/09/06/1936.html

http://tolstoy.newcastle.edu.au/R/e6/devel/09/06/1943.html

But it is still not clear how I can avoid and/or fix this problem and get correct results.

May I get some of your feedback? I have attached my code in this email.

Best wishes,

Shuying