[BioC] Experimental design for RNA-Seq

michael watson (IAH-C) michael.watson at bbsrc.ac.uk
Fri May 28 18:04:23 CEST 2010

Great stuff, thanks Steve and Naomi.

I guess I was thinking of technical replicates simply as sequencing the same library on multiple occasions;  though creating two libraries out of one sample adds an extra layer of complexity.

What is the evidence (if any) that lane and/or library preparation can have an effect?

To adjust for lane effects, I guess one could multiplex each sample so that they're run on all lanes, and combine the counts at the end?

Hmmm
Mick