[BioC] why biomaRt cannot extract 3UTR sequences for 1941 ENSGxxxxx ?

michael watson (IAH-C) michael.watson at bbsrc.ac.uk
Sun May 30 14:11:40 CEST 2010

Hi

I parsed your entire ID list and used it in the same code I produced below, and it worked.

My id list was a vector - I wonder if your construct genes_map[,"ensembl_transcript_id"] produces not a vector, but a factor, which may cause problems for biomaRt?  I'm just guessing though.

Bioc packages are not updated automatically, no.

The best way to install bioconductor is through biocLite().

Mick