[BioC] filter on Human Gene U133 Plus 2

Yuan Hao yuan.x.hao at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 11:41:54 CET 2010

You might want to look at the 'genefilter' package which filters probe
sets based on different requirements, and there is a function to
filter out all control probe sets as well.

Also, given that there are over 50,000 probe sets on hgu133plus2
array, cut it down to 500-3000 for me sounds too harsh, although I
don't think there is a golden-standard about what would be a good
number after filtering. It depends on the design and expectations of
your experiment. However, for me ~26,000 probe sets afterwards have no
harm.

Cheers,
Yuan