[BioC] update annotations without updating bioconductor

Robert M. Flight rflight79 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 14:18:26 CET 2010

Hi All,

I'm wondering if it is possible to update annotation packages without
updating the core bioconductor itself. For example, if I wanted to
update various "org.*.db" annotation packages, GO.db, and KEGG.db
without updating R and Bioconductor, how would I do that? I do plan to
update R and Bioconductor, but the system I am using and some of the
packages I am using took a lot to get working correctly, and I would
like to enable updated annotations while taking my time to upgrade R
and Bioconductor, without worrying too much about breaking something.

Currently using R 2.11 and Bioconductor 2.6.

Thanks in advance,

Robert

Robert M. Flight, Ph.D.
University of Louisville Bioinformatics Laboratory
University of Louisville
Louisville, KY

PH 502-852-0467
EM robert.flight at louisville.edu
EM rflight79 at gmail.com

Williams and Holland's Law:
       If enough data is collected, anything may be proven by
statistical methods.