[BioC] SVGAnnotation

Hervé Pagès hpages at fhcrc.org
Fri Nov 5 20:25:19 CET 2010

Hi Uwe,

On 11/05/2010 06:04 AM, Uwe Ligges wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the binary of SVGAnnotation in
> BioC/packages/2.7/extra/bin/windows/contrib/2.12/SVGAnnotation_0.6-0.zip
>
> is declared to be built under R-2.10.x (rather than R-2.12.x)

Thanks for telling us!

We host a few Omegahat packages in our extra repo and we try to
host the latest versions. This SVGAnnotation Windows binary is
the latest version currently available at Omegahat.

Unfortunately Omegahat binary packages are often lagging behind
the source packages (when they are available at all). For example,
for the current release, there is only 1 Windows binary at the
moment (out of 84 source packages):

   http://www.omegahat.org/R/bin/windows/contrib/2.12/PACKAGES

In the case of SVGAnnotation and XMLSchema (the Windows binary
of XMLSchema that we host is also outdated), they don't contain
native code so I should be able to produce updated binaries without
too many problems.

> which causes update.packages(checkBuilt=TRUE) to reinstall it again and
> again under Windows.

It sounds like update.packages(checkBuilt=TRUE) could do a better job.
Generally speaking why would an "update tool" replace something by
something that is identical?

Cheers,
H.

> Best wishes,