[BioC] mismatch & replacement

Daniel.Berner at unibas.ch Daniel.Berner at unibas.ch
Fri Nov 5 21:54:19 CET 2010

Hi list
1. I have a large fastq file containing solexa reads that start with a
barcode (identifier to separate individuals). I now want to filter
that large data set according to the barcodes using ShortRead. I
understand that this is easily done with grep() when one wants a
perfect barcode match. However, I want to allow ONE single wrong
nucleotide within the barcode, at any position. Is there an efficient
way to filter by barcode while allowing a mismatch?

2. Is there a way to modify nucleotides in ShortRead objects? E.g., to
replace a G by an A at position 3 for ALL sequences in the object?

Thanks!
Daniel