[BioC] beadarray controlProfile

Mark Dunning mark.dunning at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 11:12:36 CET 2010

Hi,

Control information for current expression platforms is stored in the
ExpressionControlData object in beadarray.

>data(ExpressionControlData)
> names(ExpressionControlData)
[1] "Humanv3"   "Humanv2"   "Humanv1"   "Mousev2"   "Mousev1"   "Mousev1p1"
[7] "Ratv1"     "Humanv4"

> head(ExpressionControlData[["Humanv3"]])
  Array_Address Reporter_Group_Name Reporter_Group_Identifier
1       4730189            negative         permuted_negative
2       5700037            negative         permuted_negative

The controlProfile object is specifically for the example dataset
supplied with the package (it is indeed a very old dataset). It is
also example of how users with data other than the standard platforms
listed in ExpressionControlData can use the functions in the pacakge.
If you have set the annotation of the beadLevelData object when you
use readIllumina, or later with setAnnotation, then this control
information should be available to the plotting and summarisation
functions.

Hope this helps,

Mark