[BioC] Group millions of the same DNA sequences?

Xiaohui Wu wux3 at muohio.edu
Wed Nov 17 02:44:59 CET 2010

Hi Wei,

Thank you for your reply! I'll be very appreciated if you could send me your C code for reference.

Xiaohui

发件人:Wei Shi
发送日期:2010-11-17 05:55:04
收件人:Wu, Xiaohui Ms.
抄送:bioconductor at stat.math.ethz.ch
主题:Re: [BioC] Group millions of the same DNA sequences?

Dear Xiaohui:

	The unix command sort (which is also available on Mac) can group your sequences. But I guess you will have to write some code to count the numbers for each distinct sequence. I have written some C code to do the similar thing and I will be happy to share them. But I am not sure if your data format is the same as mine.

	I am not aware of any R functions which can cluster strings. I image it will be extremely slow if there are such functions.

	Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Wei