[BioC] beadarray locs files

Alex Gutteridge alexg at ruggedtextile.com
Thu Nov 18 17:30:36 CET 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to use the BASH() function in beadarray. The docs say that BASH
will try to use .locs files if available to save computation. I have .locs
files, but they don't seem to conform to the naming convention that
beadarray expects. The relevant bit from generateNeighbours() seems to be:

locsFileName <- file.path(BLData at sectionData$Targets$directory[array],
        paste(BLData at sectionData$Targets$sectionName[array],
            "_Grn.locs", sep = ""))

For my data for array this corresponds to a filename (directory path
snipped):

5491099076_A_Grn.locs

But in the data provided by my collaborator I have two .locs files per
array (not sure why...):

5491099076_A-Swath1_Grn.locs
5491099076_A-Swath2_Grn.locs

Is there anyway I can hack either the generateNeighbours() code or the
.locs files themselves to get them read?

--
Alex Gutteridge