[BioC] Flanking TSS region for reverse strand using biomaRt

Kishor Tappita kishor.tappita at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 07:14:54 CET 2010

Dear Group,

I am using biomaRt to retrieve the flanking region from the TSS. I use
the below statement for retrieving the 1000 bp upstream region from
the TSS for yeast organism.

seq=getSequence(id="R0010W",type="ensembl_gene_id",seqType="coding_gene_flank",upstream=1000,mart
= mart);

Now my question is if the TSS is on reverse strand and I would like to
retrive the 1000 bp upstream region what should be my command ????

Below is the command that I used..

seq=getSequence(id="R0020C",type="ensembl_gene_id",seqType="coding_gene_flank",downstream=1000,mart
= mart);

Please let me know if I am doing it the right way...

Thanks,
Kishor