[BioC] Issues running affylmGUI

Lorenzo Melchor lorenzo.melchor at icr.ac.uk
Mon Nov 29 15:26:19 CET 2010

Hi,

I am trying to run affylmGUI on my mac computer. I have already
installed the Tlc package as well as Bwidgets through ActiveTcl
conversion installing files.

However, when running affylmGUI() on R, I keep getting the message
below.

I have copied the tcl folders from the root library to the user
library, and have obtained the same issue.

I would really appreciate if you could help me setting this up. Could
you please send me an easy guideline to get affylmGUI working?
Otherwise, we could use TeamViewer if that would be easier.

Kind regards,
Lorenzo

---------------
Message:
Cannot find Tcl/Tk package "BWidget".	affylmGUI cannot continue.

affylmGUI requires the Tcl/Tk extensions, BWidget and Tktable.
You must have Tcl/Tk installed on your computer, The
Tcl/Tk installation which comes with R includes BWidget and Tktable.
If you do have
Tcl/Tk installed elsewhere, including the extensions, make sure that R
can find the path to the
Tcl library, e.g. C:\Tcl\lib (on Windows) or /usr/lib (on Linux/Unix)
or /sw/lib on Mac OSX.

Set the environment variable TCL_LIBRARY to the appropriate path. for
eg.
C:\Tcl\lib\tcl8.4
and set the MY_TCLTK environment variable to a non-empty string, e.g.
"Yes".

If using Windows, read the R for windows FAQ at
http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/base/rw-FAQ.html
If your Tcl/Tk extensions still can't be found, try
addTclPath("<path to Tcl library>").
This could be put in $HOME/.Rprofile

If you need further instructions, please contact your system
administrator
and consider emailing r-help at stat.math.ethz.ch, or browse through the
R-help
Bioconductor archives for a similar question.

Lorenzo Melchor, PhD
Mammary Stem Cell Team
The Breakthrough Breast Cancer Research Centre (ICR)
237 Fulham Road
SW3 6JB
lorenzo.melchor at icr.ac.uk

This e-mail message is confidential and for use by the a...{{dropped:2}}