[BioC] Interrupting an R command

January Weiner january.weiner at mpiib-berlin.mpg.de
Wed Oct 6 15:06:49 CEST 2010

Dear all,

I have recklessly started an R command (randomForest from the
randomForest library) and I was foolish enough not to save my
workspace earlier (a typo and rf runs on a data set of 1000 x 100
instead of 100 x 10).

I don't want to kill R -- I don't want to lose the changes to the workspace.

I would like to interrupt the random forests command only without
killing the session; however, it does not react to ^C (control-C).

Are there any other options available? Killing R, but with forcing it
to save the workspace first would be fine as well.

The platform: Linux / Ubuntu 10.04; R version 2.10.1 (2009-12-14);
randomForest library version: randomForest 4.5-36

Best regards,

j.