[BioC] Three-color microarray analysis

Wolfgang Huber whuber at embl.de
Sat Oct 16 02:01:38 CEST 2010

Hi Thomas

the NchannelSet class in the Biobase package can store such data [1],
some of the normalisation [2] and QC-assessment [3] methods that are
available for one- and two-color arrays can be either used directly or
with a little adaptation to such data, as can the linear model based
analysis of limma (e.g. by treating n 3-color arrays like 3n 1-color
arrays).

To be more specific, I think you will need to reveal the biological
question and the experimental design behind these data.

	Best wishes
	Wolfgang

[1] Have a look at the vignette of the CCl4 package "From the Genepix
data files to RGList to NChannelSet" for an example where such an object
is constructed, which you will need to adapt to the particular file
format your friend uses (you'll have to modify the read.images function
or emulate it with calls to read.table).

[2] vsn, quantiles, ...

[3] boxplots, MA-plots, between-array distance heatmap, such as in the
arrayQualityMetrics package