[BioC] ArrayExpress: missing cdf environment!

Wolfgang Huber whuber at embl.de
Sat Oct 16 17:51:25 CEST 2010

Dear Daniel

have you tried with installing the hgu133acdf package manually
beforehand? (After that, please try to load it to verify it's really there.)

What you see is because the 'print' method for 'AffyBatch' objects from
the 'affy' package requires the array's CDF package (hgu133acdf in your
case), and if it does not find it on your computer, it tries to be
helpful and install it from the Bioconductor repository on the web.

Btw, it should never be necessary to be 'root' to install R packages on
any sane system configuration.

	Best wishes
	Wolfgang