[BioC] Rgraphviz with rApache problems

Robert M. Flight rflight79 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 18:01:47 CEST 2010

Hello All,
I'm hoping someone here can help me out.
I am trying to run a web application using RApache, that I have
running on a test machine, but am having difficulty with on the actual
service machine. This application depends on Rgraphviz to generate
figures as output. I have installed graphviz 2.2-6, as well as
Rgraphviz 1.26.0, and can run "example(layoutGraph) with only X11 font
problems (old system, not relevant to generated output) either as a
regular user, the apache user, or as root.
However, when I try and load the Rgraphviz library in my web
application, I get the following error:

RApache Warning/Error!!!

RApache Warning/Error!!!

RApache Warning/Error!!!

RApache Warning/Error!!!

Error : .onLoad failed in loadNamespace() for 'Rgraphviz', details:
call: value[[3L]](cond) error: unable to load shared library
'/usr/local/lib64/R/library/Rgraphviz/libs/Rgraphviz.so':
libdotneato.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory Check that (1) graphviz is installed on your system; (2) the
installed version of graphviz matches '2.2'; this is the version used
to build this Rgraphviz package; (3) graphviz is accessible to R,
e.g., the path to the graphviz 'bin' directory is in the system 'PATH'
variable. See additional instructions in the 'README' file of the
Rgraphviz 'source' distribution, available at
http://bioconductor.org/packages/release/bioc/html/Rgraphviz.html Ask
further questions on the Bioconductor mailing list
http://bioconductor.org/docs/mailList.html

I can't really figure out where this is looking for
"libdotneato.so.0", because when I run R I have no problems. I did
make a symbolic link to the actual file, could this be part of the
problem? I could really use some direction on this.

Thanks,

-Robert

R version 2.11.1 (2010-05-31)
x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu

locale:
 [1] LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8       LC_NUMERIC=C
 [3] LC_TIME=en_US.UTF-8        LC_COLLATE=en_US.UTF-8
 [5] LC_MONETARY=C              LC_MESSAGES=en_US.UTF-8
 [7] LC_PAPER=en_US.UTF-8       LC_NAME=C
 [9] LC_ADDRESS=C               LC_TELEPHONE=C
[11] LC_MEASUREMENT=en_US.UTF-8 LC_IDENTIFICATION=C

attached base packages:

Rapache 1.1.9
Rgraphviz 1.26.0
graphviz 2.2-6

Robert M. Flight, Ph.D.
University of Louisville Bioinformatics Laboratory
University of Louisville
Louisville, KY

PH 502-852-0467
EM robert.flight at louisville.edu
EM rflight79 at gmail.com

Williams and Holland's Law:
       If enough data is collected, anything may be proven by
statistical methods.