[BioC] limma for spectral counts

Naomi Altman naomi at stat.psu.edu
Thu Oct 21 15:54:35 CEST 2010

Dear Yolande,
I do not know anything about spectral count data.  However, limma is
meant for continuously distributed data.  If the counts are large, then
limma can be used on log(count).

However, if the counts are small, then the methods in edgeR and DEseq
are more suitable as they use a typical assumption for count data -
Negative Binomial distribution.

--Naomi