[BioC] Rsamtools from biocLite using R-devel

Kasper Daniel Hansen kasperdanielhansen at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 21:47:46 CEST 2010

When I try to use biocLite to upgrade my Rsamtools under R-devel,
biocLite reports that it tries to use the 2.8 repository (correct),
but it tries to download Rsamtools 1.1.17 whereas the version of
Rsamtools installed using R-2.12 is version 1.2.0 (later than 1.1.17)
and the version accessible from subversion is version 1.3.2.

I suspect this has something to do with the recent problem with
R-devel and biocLite and also by the fact that Rsamtools currently
does not seem to build under any platform.

Besides the obvious problem, I am running into problems with my
existing Rsamtools because normalizePath has been moved from utils to
base (which is commented on in NAMESPACE).  Coincidently, it seems
that the issue that makes Rsamtools 1.3.2 fail to build is also
related to the use of normalizePath that may have its arguments
changed,

Kasper