[BioC] Rsamtools from biocLite using R-devel

dtenenba at fhcrc.org dtenenba at fhcrc.org
Fri Oct 29 21:40:34 CEST 2010

Quoting Kasper Daniel Hansen <kasperdanielhansen at gmail.com>:

> Right now, I still get Rsamtools 1.1.17 when I use biocLite, which
> indicates that either the problem has not been fixed or the solution
> has not propagated to the tarballs.
>
> BioC_mirror = http://www.bioconductor.org
> Change using chooseBioCmirror().
> Using R version 2.13.0 (R-devel), biocinstall version 2.8.1.
> Installing Bioconductor version 2.8 packages:
> [1] "Rsamtools"
> Please wait...
>
> trying URL
> 'http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/2.8/bioc/src/contrib/Rsamtools_1.1.17.tar.gz'
> Content type 'application/x-gzip' length 1862549 bytes (1.8 Mb)
> opened URL
> =======

Hi Kasper,

This is because a failing unit test was causing the package to not propagate
to our website.
This has been fixed and the new package will appear by midnight (Pacific
time) tonight.

If you need it before then, you can check it out from svn and build it on
your machine.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Thanks
Dan