[BioC] Dye bias adjustment of Illumina Infinium Methylation data

Shi, Tao shidaxia at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 8 02:10:38 CEST 2010

Hi Pan,

Could you please clarify the "dye bias" you're referring to?   If you're
referring to the bias between the two channels, I think it's clear to me from
Illumina's document and the recent review article from Peter Laird in Nature
Review Genetics, that there is no need of adjustment, as the two channels in
Infinium are not corresponding to the methylation states.  The normalization
method of adjusting median of the two channels as used in methylumi is
inappropriate for Infinium data.

Could you please elaborate more on the color bias adjustment functions
implemented in

lumi?  I'm really curious to see.

Thanks!

...Tao