[BioC] Dye bias adjustment of Illumina Infinium Methylation data

Shi, Tao shidaxia at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 8 18:28:59 CEST 2010

> I don't know the details of the Illumina platform and  protocols, but if the
> same premises apply, GASSCO should be able to address  dyebias problems, also
> across different batches. I'd be interested to find  out, so if you need help,

> feel free to contact me.

Hi Philip,

The Illumina Infinium platform is not the same as cDNA microarray.  For a given
methylation locus, methylated and unmethylated signals are always coming from
the same channel, whereas in cDNA array, for each probe, the signals for sample
and control are from two different channels.

...Tao