[BioC] how to get the statistics of wilcoxon signed-rank test for the detection call of the MAS5 algorithm?

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Tue Sep 21 16:22:09 CEST 2010

Hi Jack,

On 9/20/2010 5:09 PM, Jack Luo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am wondering what's the way to get the statistics of the wilcoxon signed
> rank test for the detection call algorithm. I know how to get the p-value as
> well as the detection call, but the statistics will be more useful.

The short answer is you can't, at least not easily. The computation is
done at the C level, and all that is returned are the p-values.

You could always download the sources and modify the C code to return
the statistics as well, but that is only feasible if you know C.

Alternatively, you could code up the mas5calls using R, but the
description of how they are computed might not be 100% clear, so you
might not be able to get the same exact values.

Best,

Jim

> Thanks,
>
> -Jack