[BioC] [beadarray] Converting Probe IDs to ILMN Gene Names...

Matthew Ritchie mritchie at wehi.EDU.AU
Wed Sep 22 02:24:44 CEST 2010

Hi James,

If you just wanted to annotate the probes, this could be done in R using
the annotation package 'illuminaHumanv3BeadID.db'

If you want to convert the numeric probe IDs to ILMN_* ids, then you can
use the information in the file

http://www.compbio.group.cam.ac.uk/Resources/Annotation/final/Annotation_Illumina_Human-WG-V3_hg18_V1.0.0_Aug09.zip

(unzip, read in 'Annotation_Illumina_Human-WG-V3_hg18_V1.0.0_Aug09.txt'
and then match up the probe ids in your summary object with the values in
the 'Array_Address_Id_0' column.  The corresponding columns in this file
with ILMN_* ids are either 'Search_Key_0' or 'Probe_Id_0' (entries in both
start with ILMN_ but end in different numbers - I'm not sure which one you
are after).  This information can also be obtained from the manifest files
at

http://www.switchtoi.com/annotationfiles.ilmn

(you will need to select the text version of chip type you are using)

I hope this helps.  Best wishes,

Matt

> I am trying to get a summarized table from our Illumina data.  So far I
have:

> targets = read.table("/home/jcarman/targets.txt", header=TRUE,
as.is=TRUE) detail =
> readIllumina(arrayNames=targets$Id,useImages=FALSE,annoPkg="Humanv3",targets=targets)
summary=createBeadSummaryData(detail,imagesPerArray=1,method="illumina")