[BioC] flowStats quadrantGate and 'names'

Nishant Gopalakrishnan ngopalak at fhcrc.org
Thu Sep 23 23:48:38 CEST 2010

Hi Aric,

I am not sure what 'names' function in flowViz you are talking about. I
do not see one in flowViz. Its hard to guess what you have done without
providing some reproducible lines of code.

With regard to putting in custom labels inside the plots. (if that’s
what you are trying to do) FlowViz does not have a direct option of
placing the the summary stats/custom text inside the plots.

However, if you are keen of placing some of the labels/summary stats
that you need on the plot, it can be done but will require some extra
effort.

1. You will need to create a custom panel function that does what you
need and pass this to the panel argument of the xyplot function in flowViz.
2. Please have a look at the panel.xyplot.flowFrame method in the
flowViz package You will need to modify this to add your text label. You
could add something like
gltext(xposition, yposition, "your label",..., gp= gpar$gate.text) after
the polygon is drawn to add a label at the position (xposition,
yposition) on the plot.
3. Call xyplot with the panel argument set to the function that you just
modified

Nishant